About the Company:
“Be a part of an exciting journey – ActivePlace is on a mission to become the world’s healthiest social platform”
ActivePlace is a specialized social platform that helps people discover and grow a more healthier and active life. We connect the world’s active community together in the one place to be inspired by content, find active things to do, and personalise your experience. Wherever you are in the journey across health and growing your active life, ActivePlace is the one destination for it all.
We are currently looking for a Senior Kotlin / Java / Android Developer to develop and maintain next generation web-based products and building apps on Android and iPhone mobile phones.
You must have a strong passion for technology and programming. You are expected to slowly integrate into the day to day operations of the team in consideration of business requirements and business-critical activities. You will provide technical collaboration in the enhancement and maintenance of new and existing products. You will have the opportunity to play key roles in product planning, design, prototyping, and execution.
You are expected to learn and adapt to the new technologies or research about them if the technology is beyond the current understanding of the team and apply them accordingly in a timely and reliable manner.
You must be able to communicate, collaborate and work effectively across functional teams to ensure better data integration across all systems for business integration.
Own and drive multiple tasks for various projects to completion on time, within budget and scope with high quality. Maintain, monitor, upgrade, and improve existing applications and tools to achieve better efficiency and performance.
Education, Experience, Qualifications, Certifications, and Associations
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, with 5+ years web application and design experience.
· Extensive previous work experience with application and software development is critical.
· Keen on details and proactive, risk-averse, especially in the pursuit of a reliable work product.
· Highly adaptable and has quick turnaround time capabilities in learning new technologies.
· Must be collaborative and capable of balancing technological requirements vs business needs with regard to task delivery.
· Must have grit and be conscientious in discerning completion of work
· Good interpersonal skills, systems thinking and integrity in quality of work
· Ability to problem solve high-level software and application issues.
· Must have a stable internet connection, laptop/PC with webcam and headphones/earphones.
· Organize business and code requirements, identify data sources, design, build, document, and implement web-based and mobile-based applications, reports, and scorecards.
· Analyze, transform, extract, interpret, and determine the presentation of data.
· Creating timelines and development goals.
· Testing the stability and functionality of the application.
· Troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
· Writing documents and providing technical training for the technical support staff.
· Maintaining the security and integrity of the application software.
· Keep all information, i.e.; intellectual property, client progress, staff interactions or anything deemed “inside information” regarding ActivePlace and associated brands confidential
· Complete tasks or follow direction required by the Directors and Senior Management
· Where appropriate, provide feedback about the marketplace and competitor activity
· Identifying market trends and requirements for new products and services to lead the market.
· You will ensure our web pages are up and running and cover both internal and customer needs.
· Oversee junior developers and evaluate their performance.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers/clients.
· Acts with the customer/client in mind, establishes and maintains effective business relationships.
· Ensures confidentiality of information shared.
· Must be fully compliant to all scripts, policies and procedures.
· Maintains a professional focus.
· Enjoys working hard.
· Candidate must be action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
· Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Dealing with Ambiguity
· Can effectively cope with change.
· Can shift gears comfortably.
· Can decide and act without having the total picture.
· Knows how to accept constructive criticism like a professional (isn’t easily gets upset when things are up in the air).
· Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Functional/Technical Skills Requirement
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Has experience of combination of these skills but not limited to:
· Languages: Kotlin, Kotlin Multiplatform, Java, Node.js
· Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Realm
· Mobile: Android SDK
· Servers and Hosting: Linux (command line)
· Methodologies: Agile / Scrum
· Version Control: Github
· Testing Frameworks: Junit, Mockito and Espresso
· API Development
· Relational Databases
· Familiarity with network diagnostics tools
· Experience with mockup and UI prototyping tools
Drive for Results
· Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
· Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Someone who seeks to learn and improve their skills in their own time.
Ethics and Values
· Adheres to ActivePlace core values.
· Can be trusted, is seen as a direct truthful individual, admits mistakes.
· Keeps confidences and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
· Ability to manage and track all communication and documentation related to the project requirements to ensure no information will be missed.
· Picks up on technical things quickly.
· Willing to learn new skills and knowledge.
· Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
· Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently.
· Values his time and that of others.
· Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
· Gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Learning on the Fly
· Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner.
· Open to change.
· Analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions.
· Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
· Candidate is expected to be cool even under pressure.
· Does not become defensive or easily irritated when times are tough.
· Is considered to handle things in a matured and professional way.
· Strong focus on KPI targets (productivity) and behavioural expectations are met consistently.
· Provide accurate information to project team and act as product owner to ensure customer success.
· Comply with all internal and industry regulations.
· Ensure performance is of high quality, excellent customer service and client engagements are always honest and true.
· Keep apprised of current best practices, including security and encryption protocols.
· Attendance and time keeping expectations should be met at all times.
· Database design and modeling techniques.
· Complex data manipulation and ad-hoc data analysis.
Internal – All IT and other business functions within ActivePlace.
External – Business clients and candidates
*Interested applicants must be residing in Metro Manila or nearby areas preferably Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite or Laguna. You may send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org